It’s important to realize that you have the power to cultivate positive energy within your body in any given moment. Yes, even when you are exhausted, burned out and feel like you’ve got nothing left to give, your body can guide you to a peaceful place of greater vitality, inner strength and well-being.
• Rest when your body says rest. When you listen to your body and give yourself the rest you need, you’ll rebuild your energy over the long-term.
• Cultivate stillness within you. Allow yourself to feel the stillness around you, letting it soak into your body.
• Practice whole-body breathing. Feel your breath inside your body and notice how far it reaches within you.
• Nourish your body wholeheartedly. Be conscious and heartfelt in how you nourish your body by choosing healthy foods that feel inherently good for you.
• Explore gentle and restorative movement. Light walking, stretching, yoga can help you regain energy in your body and life.
• Have compassion for yourself. Be gentle with yourself when you’re exhausted and treat yourself kindly. Be kind in your thoughts and feelings towards yourself.
• Nurture what inspires you. Feed and nurture what truly inspire you through your thoughts, energy and actions.
• Be vigilant with your time. Learn to guard your time like the precious gift that it is. Choose how you spend time, ensuring that you schedule plenty of quality time and space to care for yourself.
We have to remember that we cannot restore ourselves, but we must be restored by God. To be totally restored takes time as well as our precious minds focused on God and His greatness. Then, and only then will God renew us with hope and joy leaving us with much needed anticipation for eternity.