Interviewing for a new job can be stressful and cause a lot of anxiety for the average person. In recent years, employers choose to do phone interviews before an in person interview to screen the person’s background, skillset and make sure that the job opening is a good fit.
Here’s some important tips to help you prepare for a phone interview:
• Tip 1: Thoroughly research the company, the job description and the interviewer just as if you were preparing to interview in person
• Tip 2: Create a comfortable, quiet and well-lit environment with no distractions
• Tip 3: Create a checklist to include real life experiences and job related skills
• Tip 4: Keep resume in clear view and at your fingertips for easy access
• Tip 5: Have a pen and paper handy for note-taking
• Tip 6: Listen to the questions thoroughly and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification
• Tip 7: Must present excellent communication skills during the phone conversation
• Tip 8: Be polite and create a positive conversation ending, such as “have a good weekend” or “I appreciate the opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future”
Remember, honesty is key when preparing for a phone interview. Follow these tips and you should have a successful phone interview.