Although every family’s list of values may be different, one thing is for sure that parents always strive to make sure their children feel important throughout childhood. Spending quality time with their children and encouraging them along the way helps to strengthen their core values.
Here’s some tips to help make your child feel important:
• Tip 1: Kneel or lean down to get on your child’s level when you talk together.
• Tip 2: Sit and eat a meal together as often as possible.
• Tip 3: Spend five minutes a day with your child (talking, playing or just sitting together).
• Tip 4: Ask questions about his or her day and listen as they tell you.
• Tip 5: Share things from your day. Your child will love to share in your life.
• Tip 6: Kiss your child goodnight and tuck them into bed at night.
• Tip 7: Tell your child that he or she is important, at least once per day.
As parents, we often times fall short of giving our children the proper guidance and attention that they need throughout their childhood. With our busy work schedules and trying to fulfill family obligations, the children’s emotional needs sometimes get forgotten along the way. If you have small children, please keep these tips in mind to help them feel important.