Keeping a journal can be very helpful to those who may be going through some of life’s many challenges. Well, I define a journal as a reflection of who you are, it’s a repository for all of the things that interest and inspire you.
Here’s some helpful tips for journaling:
• Tip 1 – Buy or make your journal using a pad of paper, notebook or a blank book.
• Tip 2 – If you don’t want a book, use a free or low cost journaling app on your phone.
• Tip 3 – Find a time when you have few distractions throughout your day.
• Tip 4 – Choose to write in your journal at the same time each day so it becomes habit.
• Tip 5 – Keep your journal private. If you share it, you may begin writing for others instead of yourself.
• Tip 6 – Do not try and write the perfect words. Just write what you are thinking and feeling. Make it personal.
• Tip 7 – Try journaling for at least two weeks because it will take some time to get used to the journaling process.
• Tip 8 – Reread your journal entry at times and see if you spot any patterns you want to change.
Even though a journal provides a safe environment to experiment with your writing style and technique. Simply put, when you write in a journal it becomes your personal journey of creative and heart felt thoughts. Happy Journaling!