It’s no secret that sleeping well has a direct impact on your mental, emotional and physical health. According to the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, more than 83.6 million adults are sleep deprived, getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night.
Here’s some tips for better sleep:
• Tip 1: Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
• Tip 2: Make sure to limit naps to 15 to 20 minutes in the early afternoon.
• Tip 3: Reduce your exposure to light right before bed time.
• Tip 4: Workout early in the day since exercise speeds up your metabolism and stimulates hormones such as cortisol, which can make it difficult to fall asleep.
• Tip 5: Limit caffeine and avoid big meals at night.
• Tip 6: Invest in a good mattress that is comfortable to you.
• Tip 7: Purchase bedding products that deliver a clean, cool and fresh environment the body needs for temperature regulation and comfort for a good night’s rest.
• Tip 8: Develop a nighttime ritual right before bedtime. For example, reading, meditation, warm bath or listening to music.
Taking time to be conscious and improve your sleep is one of the single most important things you can to do improve your overall health. Don’t hesitate to use these tips for better sleep, more energy and being mindful during your day.