I honestly believe that a good night’s sleep is just as important as regular exercise and a healthy diet. Research shows that poor sleep habits can have negative effects on your exercise performance, brain function and can also cause weight gain.
Here’s some proven tips to help you sleep better at night:
• Tip 1 – Increase bright light exposure during the day.
• Tip 2 – Reduce blue light exposure in the evening.
• Tip 3 – Reduce caffeine consumption during the day.
• Tip 4 – Do not take long daytime naps.
• Tip 5 – Sleep and wake at consistent times.
• Tip 6 – Take a melatonin supplement if you struggle with sleeping at night.
• Tip 7 – Minimize drinking alcohol at night.
• Tip 8 – Optimize your bedroom environment, such as temperature, noise, and lights.
• Tip 9 – Do not eat a large meal before bed time.
• Tip 10 – Relax and clear your mind
Never take a good night’s sleep for granted. As you can see, good sleep habits can help you eat less, exercise better and be healthier.