I don’t know about you, but I am always trying to find more time in my day to complete the many tasks that are required of me. How about you? Even if you are the most organized parent in the world, sometimes time just gets away from you.
Well, here’s some time savers for parents to try:
• Simplify lunch packing by consolidating sandwich ingredients into one place in the fridge. Also, prep snacks in advance. Take the time on the weekend to fill baggies for the entire week and label them accordingly. Finally, get your children to help with this process.
• Create an after-school snack station with healthy choices like fruits, veggies, yogurt, or granola bars. Identify where the snacks will be so the whole family will be aware.
• Assign an area for emptying backpacks and create a designated space for paperwork that need to be signed by a parent. Other essential components include hooks for hanging jackets and floor racks for shoes.
• Keep light-weight bags or totes packed with gym clothes in a closet right by the door so the children can grab their stuff and go.
• Post a color-coded paper calendar in a common area to keep track of family members’ schedules. If everyone owns a smartphone, have each person enter their own events into a shared app like Cozi or Hub. Display a monthly or weekly copy on the bulletin board or fridge as a visual cue.
Now, let’s use these tips in order to organize our lives and make use of our time in a more positive way. You will have a much happier household.