It’s that time again! The alarm is sounding but you don’t want to get out of bed yet. Where did the night go? Is it really morning or am I still dreaming? We’ve all had those mornings when we just can’t shake the feeling of sleepiness, even when we’ve technically gotten enough sleep. In an effort to perk up on tired days, many of us load up on coffee or energy drinks. Unfortunately, over-caffeinating can leave us feeling jittery, anxious and running to the bathroom.
Here’s some tips to help you have a better morning and fight morning fatigue:
• Tip 1: Don’t hit the snooze button at all.
• Tip 2: Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning.
• Tip 3: Stretch out your tired body with yoga.
• Tip 4: Splash your face with water.
• Tip 5: Eat breakfast to spark your energy.
• Tip 6: Go outside to activate your brain.
• Tip 7: Get some cardio in throughout your morning.
• Tip 8: Practice good sleep and wake up habits.
If you follow these tips, you will be sure to experience a better morning and have plenty of positive energy to spread around throughout your day. It’s going to take commitment and the willingness to adjust some behaviors, such as drinking more water, exercising more and less screen time.