Well, if you’re any thing like me, you are always trying to find creative ways to prepare healthy meals. This is a great time of the year to use various citrus fruits, such as lime, grapefruit, oranges, and clementine to zest up any healthy meal. In addition, you will be receiving a healthy dose of immune protecting vitamin C as well which is a win-win.
Here’s some creative tips to add citrus zest to any healthy meal:
• Tip 1 – Squeeze lime over seared or broiled beef and chicken to create a tasty meal.
• Tip 2 – Sprinkle pink grapefruit with sugar and broil it until caramelizes. Heat helps bring out the sweetness. Then, you will have a tasty treat.
• Tip 3 – Red grapefruit is naturally sweeter than the pink variety, so it can be diced as a relish for fish or shrimp.
• Tip 4 – Blood orange can be perfectly paired with spinach salad or in fun cocktails like palomas, margaritas and winter spritzes.
• Tip 5 – Dip pieces of clementine in chocolate and freeze for a chilly winter dessert.
Don’t be afraid to get your creative juices flowing in the kitchen during the winter while citrus fruits are in season. I hope you try some of these tips and let me know your thoughts. Stay warm and continue to eat healthy.
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.