So, you’ve decided to change careers for one reason or another. Even though career changes may be challenging for most people, there are many resources available to assist you throughout this process.
Here’s some tips to help you make career changes:
• Tip 1: Take a career assessment or some college courses to analyze your current skills and interests.
• Tip 2: Talk to a career advisor at your local college or university to develop a plan of action for your job search.
• Tip 3: Network with family, friends, co-workers or classmates.
• Tip 4: Conduct information interviews with people in the new industry and attend local career related events.
• Tip 5: Keep your resume, cover letter and references updated at all times.
• Tip 6: Attend local job fairs and join online job sites but be sure to keep your profiles updated at all times.
Whether you are not currently working or have been working in a certain industry for 20 years, follow these tips, so you will have a smooth career transition.
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.