Let’s face it, we all experience hectic and stressful times in our lives. Now, be honest. When was the last time you set aside some ME TIME to reduce stress? It’s important to maintain a proper balance between the time you devote to yourself and the time you devote to others. However, avoiding opportunities to rest and recharge can have some adverse health effects, such as lowered immune system function, lack of energy, and low self-esteem.
To prevent yourself from experiencing too much stress, reserve a time of day just for you. Schedule this ME TIME in your planner so you will not forget and be sure to always make it a priority.
Here are some examples of what you can do with your valuable ME TIME:
• Read a favorite book or magazine – Reading improves knowledge and creativity
• Cook a favorite recipe – Cooking helps to clear your mind and relaxes you
• Treat yourself to a manicure and/or pedicure – Great way to pamper yourself
• Sit by the water – The energy of the water relaxes your mind
• Meditate – Meditation reduces mental clutter
• Take a hot bath – Mentally relaxing and cleanse your body
• Create a gratitude journal – Changes your mood because you are focusing on things that are positive in your life
Just remember your ME TIME should be something that you enjoy and love. Do not allow other people or situations to distract you during this time. Always focus on enjoying this special time dedicated just for you to recharge and regroup. Doing so will allow you to be more productive and able to accomplish your goals with ease.