Learning how to trust again is a process, not an event. Believe it or not, you can move past the heartbreak of broken trust and you can learn how to trust again. Learning to trust means becoming confident that things will work out how you want them to.
Here’s some ways to learn how to trust again:
• Believe that you are okay, perfect and whole as you are. No one can complete you because you are complete. Know that you are always okay even if you are let down by someone.
• You do trust people every day. You want to be able to relax and believe that you won’t be hurt by other people. Focus on what can go right instead of what can go wrong.
• Listen to your intuition. Remember, untrustworthy people can put on an excellent show in public and allow their behavior to deteriorate in private. Be sure to listen to your intuition and don’t go by what you see and hear in public.
• What you think about, comes about in reality. If you focus on what you want, on what can go perfectly right, you will attract the people who will not betray you.
• Believe that you deserve trusting relationships. Understand that most dishonesty comes from fear and low self-esteem. Try to be compassionate and forgive.
• Meditate often on the fact that you cannot control another person’s actions. But you can control your response. You can boost your self-esteem by always acting with integrity and honesty.
For trust to flourish in your relationship, both people need to become trustworthy loving adults with yourselves and with each other. Always give 100% and believe that you are worthy of love, trust and respect. Remember, you attract what you believe, so believe in the possibility of a relationship built on trust.