Yesterday I took my children to the doctor for their wellness check-up. Then, the doctor asked me about some vaccinations that my children needed before the upcoming school year. I asked for the paperwork to read about the vaccinations and I was surprised to find out that the same vaccinations in question may help protect my children from various long-term illnesses and in some cases cancer. So, of course I agreed to have my children vaccinated on yesterday. What are your thoughts about vaccinations?
Here’s some important reasons to vaccinate your child:
• Immunizations can save your child’s life from harmful diseases, such as polio
• Vaccinations are very safe and effective for children since scientists and health professionals run many tests before offering it to patients
• Immunizations protects others you care about so make sure you keep everyone in your household updated with their vaccinations to prevent diseases, such as measles or whooping cough
• Immunizations can save your family time and money for things, such as medical bills, life altering disabilities, lost time at work and school
• Immunizations protects future generations from harmful diseases, such as smallpox that killed or severely disabled people a few generations ago
You want to do what is best for your children as they grow up, right? If you are hesitant about vaccinations, hopefully this article will help you make the right decisions for you and your children. Don’t be afraid to talk to your children’s doctor as well. You can also refer to the following website for additional vaccine information – https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines