Staying fit is hard enough, but during the summer it can be more of a daunting task. There are always cookouts, parties, celebrations, etc. Every place we visit there is food and drinks served, so plan for success this summer.
Here are some tips to stay fit during the summer:
• Tip 1: Make sure to commit to exercise or any type of physical movement for at least 30 minutes per day. For example, walk on the treadmill, take a walk outdoors, do some jumping jacks, do a workout video, sign up for a new exercise or yoga class, etc. No excuses!
• Tip 2: Get out of the house and become active by doing something you enjoy. For example, go bike riding, walk to the neighborhood park, visit the beach and go swimming, go hiking, go bowling, try fishing or camping, do some gardening, try a new hobby, etc.
• Tip 3: Eat clean and drink lots of water every day. For example, eat lots of dark leafy greens, lean protein like turkey, chicken, fish, drink at least 64 ounces of water, etc.
• Tip 4: Do your homework and begin working on your nutritional lifestyle at home. For example, focus on eating clean, prepare meals ahead of time, cook at home more often, buy less carryout meals, etc.
• Tip 5: Treat yourself then sweat so you won’t feel guilty when enjoying your favorite foods or drinks. Just plan for a longer workout to burn off the calories that you consumed.
• Tip 6: Get your rest and sleep 7 to 8 hours per night to feel refreshed and revived.
Take advantage of the nice summer weather. Get out and enjoy yourself without feeling guilty. You never know if you might find a new activity unless you try. Have fun and be healthy!