Showing self-compassion is very important in order for you to provide help to others. So how do you get to that place of self-compassion?
Well, here are some suggestions that may help you show self-compassion:
• Ask for help when you feel overwhelmed. Believe it or not, this is a sign of strength, not weakness.
• Say no to unwanted obligations and don’t feel guilty.
• Find time for stillness. Give yourself a minimum of 10 minutes daily to simply breathe deeply.
• Offer yourself kindness. Reward yourself with a manicure, pedicure, or haircut.
• Be aware of your suffering and understand that you are not alone. We all have pain or disappointment, and that not only connects us to humanity but also increases our capacity for compassion.
• A walking meditation can tame tension. Take 10 slow steps forward, turn and go back while allowing worrisome thoughts to be released with every deliberate stride. Focus on relaxing and feel yourself unwind.
Find a positive mantra or a new melody that is fueled by gratitude, acknowledges imperfections and creates a loving space for your soul. Remember to take care of yourself. You can’t pour from an empty cup.