Did you know that many people cling to their fears because it’s part of who they are? There are many ways to overcome fear throughout your journey.
Here are some ways to help you overcome fear:
• Awareness – It is important that you are aware that your fears are causing havoc in your life. You are not your fears. You are the awareness that experiences it.
• Identify – Get specific about what exactly you’re afraid of. Look at the pictures you have in your head about the situation. Become an observer of your inner space.
• Curiosity – Don’t be afraid to get curious about what thoughts generate your fear, where do you feel the fear, and how do you react to it? Again, be an observer of what is going on.
• Gratitude – Whenever you feel fear, switch it over to what you are grateful for instead. If you’re afraid of public speaking, be grateful for the opportunity to communicate with so many people, and that they are there to genuinely listen to what you have to say.
• Journaling – Getting your fears down on paper is important, because trying to think them through doesn’t work. Often times, you get caught in endless loops of negativity that only lead you further down the rabbit hole and make your life miserable.
Remember, getting through fear is a skill that anyone can learn. It is important for people to face their fears at all costs. So, the next time fear sets in, refer to the various ways listed in this article.