Back to school time can be stressful for both the parents and the children. Believe it or not, getting organized upfront can help eliminate stress and anxiety so the children can enjoy the back to school experience.
Here are some basic suggestions to help you get organized for back to school time:
• Make time to sort through any remaining backlog of last year’s school papers and artwork. Create a YES pile (to keep) and a NO pile (to trash). Then, put away the YES pile either in an organizer, scrapbook, or in frames.
• Take a wardrobe inventory. See what still fits, then make a list for the items that you need to buy. Oh, don’t forget to set a budget as well.
• Use the school supply list, but don’t forget to do an inventory of the school supplies that you already own.
• Every child should own an academic planner to help them organize their school assignments, deadlines, important dates, appointments, and after school events.
• One week before the beginning of school, start having everyone go to bed and wake up early, straighten their rooms, and eat breakfast.
• Save online coupons, snapshots of paper circulars and discount codes for all your favorite stores. Also, be sure to check the web or download deal-tracking apps for even more discounts.
So, when back to school time rolls around again, don’t forget these basic suggestions to help you and your family get organized.