Walking for fitness is such a great way to get in your daily exercise. However, if you are not creative and not have the courage to shake up your walking routine, you might just get bored. Then, stop your walking routine all together.
Here are some ways to make walking more enjoyable:
• Walk your dog and let him take the lead
• Plan a route so that you can visit friends or family along the way
• Take a music player with you
• Contact local walking associations and join in
• Pick different routes each week so that you don’t get bored
• Walk around your local park or mall to switch it up
• Treat yourself to new walking equipment, apparel, or accessories
• Walk at various times of the day to see different sights or hear different sounds
• Plan fun exploration walks with your kids at the park or around your neighborhood
When you choose to walk for fitness, you are in control. You decide how fast or slow you move and if you want to walk outdoors or indoors. Remember, don’t be afraid to make walking enjoyable throughout your fitness journey!