Improving workplace eating habits can be very challenging for most employees. Since employees spend eight hours or more a day at work, it is important to become aware of all of the calories consumed during an average work day from the cafeteria food, vending machine snacks or free food in the break room.
Here’s some ways to improve workplace eating habits:
• Request healthier break room options, such as fruit, granola bars or yogurt.
• Start a health committee to research better nutrition and wellness ideas.
• Offer employee discounted rates for local fitness facilities or wellness classes.
• Have lunch time health and wellness meetings for employees.
• Create a workout space within the office for employees to use while at work.
• Employees could pack their own lunches instead of eating in the cafeteria.
Employees must be determined to advocate for themselves as it relates to eating healthier options while at work. So, the next time your workplace provides free food in the break room, be sure there are healthier options available. Don’t be afraid to use these suggestions to improve your workplace eating habits.