Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you, it will only burn what you are not. -Mooji
Spring is in the air! In order to get in the right mindset, you first have to get to know yourself. The more you understand about yourself, the more you will see and appreciate how unique you really are, and the more you will respect yourself through the process. Take time to discover your principles, personality traits, and talents.
Here are a few exercises you can try on your own:
• Make a list of things, people, feelings, and activities that are important to you. This will help you identify what you really like and need in your life.
• Try out different activities throughout your journey. This exercise will give you a chance to see what you like and what you don’t like.
• Try writing in a journal. Try starting with these prompts, “What do I want to avoid writing about?” or “What brings me the most joy in life?” These journal prompts will start an honest conversation with yourself.
• Spend time with yourself by pretending you’re dating yourself. Try out a new restaurant, go to a new store to shop, or fix a new recipe.
Here are additional Journal Prompts to assist you on your journey to self-discovery:
• Write about someone you admire.
• Write about a vivid dream.
• What is your favorite song and favorite movie?
• Write about something you are proud of.
• Write down at least one regret.
Be patient with yourself and understand that it can takes a while to complete this exciting process of self-discovery, but you will quickly see that it was worth the time and effort that you put into the process.