Let’s be honest, most Americans experience some kind of pain almost every day. The most common are back pain, headache and neck pain, in that order. In fact, one in 10 American adults live uncomfortable almost continuously, according to a 2015 report.
Here’s some tips to fight pain naturally:
• Tip 1: Change up your diet – Switching to foods with proven anti-inflammatory effects, such as fresh or frozen shellfish and fish fillets, canned salmon, tuna and sardines, walnuts, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, leafy greens, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower.
• Tip 2: Heal with sleep – Researchers are learning that lack of sleep has a big impact on how much you hurt and can increase inflammation in your body.
• Tip 3: Reframe the pain – Learn to stop amplifying your pain with your thoughts. Try to flip thoughts and experiences from negative to positive.
• Tip 4: Train your body to relax – Practice using meditation and relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing to help you disengage from your thoughts.
• Tip 5: Up endorphins with exercise – People in pain should try to move more and do aerobic exercise to help lower inflammation and increase pain tolerance.
Following these tips will give you the ability to tolerate the pain more throughout your experience. If the pains continue, be sure to visit your doctor to discuss your concerns.