Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. -E.E. Cummings
There are many ways you can boost your self-confidence. You do not have to be reliant on others to increase your self-confidence. If you go through life believing that you are not very competent, not very smart, not very attractive, etc. then change your thinking today.
1. Groom Yourself – Believe it or not, a shower, a haircut, some make-up, or a shave can make a big difference in your personal feelings of self-confidence and for your self-image.
2. Dress Nicely – If you dress nicely, you’ll feel successful, presentable, and ready to tackle the world which would make you feel good about yourself.
3. Think Positive – Replace negative thoughts with positive ones, then great things will happen in your life.
4. Get to Know Yourself – Start listening to your own thoughts and write them in a journal. Next, think about everything you can do well and the things you like. Finally, think about your limitations and dig deep within yourself so you’ll come out with even greater self-confidence.
5. Be Kind and Generous – If you act in accordance with the Golden Rule, you start to feel good about yourself which does wonders for your self-confidence.
6. Stand Tall – Remind yourself to stand tall and straight. You will look more attractive and feel more confident as well.
7. Set a Small Goal and Achieve It – Set a small goal you know you can achieve, and then achieve it. Now, set another small goal and achieve that. Soon, you’ll be setting bigger goals and achieving those too.
8. Change a Small Habit – Choose a small habit to work on for at least a month, like writing things down, waking up 10 minutes earlier, or exercising for at least 30 minutes per day. Your self-confidence will increase drastically when you’ve accomplished it.
So, what are you waiting for? Empower yourself through knowledge and learning more about yourself through personal reflection time. You can become someone worthy of respect and someone who can pursue what he wants despite the naysaying of others.