Even though we know the holidays come in November and December every year, most people still experience holiday stress. If you’re anything like me, you probably have been experiencing stress related to meal planning, grocery shopping, household chores, and preparing the Christmas gift list.
Here’s some creative ways to cope with holiday stress:
• Pray and meditate to help clear your mind and uplift your spirit.
• Practice journaling often to express yourself. Remember, written expressions open doors to your soul.
• Read inspirational blogs, books or quotes to help boost self-confidence.
• Plan quiet time alone to gather your thoughts and feelings.
• Be honest with yourself and others. Never hold back how you feel. Open communication is healthy.
• Practice yoga or do stretches to help strengthen your body and help you relax.
• Exercise daily to move your body and boost energy.
• Participate in therapy sessions with a professional therapist for encouragement and support.
Let’s be proactive and handle holiday stress like a professional. Besides we are in control of our own destiny. Don’t be afraid to try some of these ways to cope with holiday stress and enjoy this holiday season.