Well, it is that time of the year when a lot of people set new goals or resolutions to create healthy habits for the new year. People set out with the best intentions but often times fail to keep the momentum throughout the year for various reasons.
Here’s eight tips to create healthy habits within your life:
• Tip 1 – Start with a realistic, small and attainable goal.
• Tip 2 – Work it into your schedule and write it down like any other appointment.
• Tip 3 – Track your progress in a journal or online.
• Tip 4 – Figure out strategies to overcome what might hold you back.
• Tip 5 – Enlist a friend to work on the goal with you.
• Tip 6 – Reward yourself for small victories.
• Tip 7 – Forgive yourself if you slip up and keep trying. Giving up is not an option.
• Tip 8 – Use triggers to your advantage. For example, meditate before bed time every night or lay out your workout clothes every morning before you leave for work.
Remember, when you start to create healthy habits your enthusiasm is high, and you’re motivated to see positive changes within your life. Be patient and allow yourself to make mistakes. Our greatest capacity to have influence over our health is with creating healthy habits. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start creating healthy habits today.