Determine why you are making a commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Why do you want it? Let’s face it, most people have things in their lives that they would like to improve. A healthy lifestyle is no exception, but in order to start this process, you must be willing to set some realistic goals. Believe it or not, it is difficult to set and stick to goals when you do not know why you set them in the first place. Try writing down your reasons and reflect on them often.
Here are some questions to help determine why a goal is important to you:
• Why do you want to set this goal?
• What will happen when you accomplish it or make it a habit?
• How does this goal bring you closer to the person you want to be?
• How will this goal improve your life?
Remember, your success is found in your daily routine.
Here are some ways to help you stay on track:
• Stock your fridge with fresh fruit, veggies
• Schedule your exercise and make no excuses
• Mark your calendar with reminders and special events
• Take progress photos to stay encouraged
• Write in a journal and reflect on your progress
• Use Social Media to find support groups
Keep in mind that setting healthy lifestyle goals are tough but pursuing them without a purpose is even harder. When you feel like slacking or giving up, remind yourself that you committed to these healthy lifestyle changes for good reason.