It is important to build trust and to nurture your partner in a relationship, because it is the foundation of a strong, healthy connection that will stand the test of time. Trusting your partner builds over time between two people and becomes a sacred part of your life together.
Here are six ways to build trust in your relationship:
1. Decide what relationship trust means to you Ė Letís take a moment and define what trust means to you. What comes to mind when you think of trust? How do you show that you trust your partner? Remember, if you have clarity about what trust means to you, you will be more successful in building a trusting relationship with your partner.
2. Find out what trust means to your partner Ė Now, letís take a moment and define what trust means to your partner. Ask your partner what trust means to them. Itís important to determine whether you or your partner have a valid reason not to trust one another.
3. Discuss how to build trust in your relationship Ė Itís important to discuss how to build trust together with your partner. Do not share these intimate details with outsiders unless you and your partner attend therapy together.
4. Avoid criticizing your partnerís views of trust Ė Remember to be accepting and honest with your partner when discussing how to build trust in your relationship. Be open enough to understand what trust means from your partnerís perspective.
5. Keep your promises Ė Keep in mind that the foundation of a trusting relationship is acknowledging that you can rely on your partner to be there for you no matter what. Be sure to show up when you say you are going to and follow through on your promises.
6. Be consistent in your actions and words Ė Believe it or not, building trust in a relationship begins with how much integrity you have. Be honest with others and your actions will shine through you.
Building trust can be difficult, but necessary in order to have a loving and healthy relationship Love your partner enough to find ways to compromise. Keep in mind, whether you are in a new relationship or a 10-year relationship, trust means different things to different people.