Despite endless studies about how pets help our mental health, there’s little information on how we should keep our dogs happy within our household.
Here are some ways to help boost your dog’s mood:
• Keep your voice upbeat. Just like humans, dogs want to be praised and rewarded for good behavior. Using an optimistic tone when speaking to them will help them feel happy and, also motivated.
• Use different strokes. Pay close attention to how you’re petting and snuggling with your dog.
• Get creative during play time. Be creative and buy fun toys that you think your dog would like.
• Give new and tasty treats regularly as rewards. Dogs enjoy getting treats regularly as rewards during play time or while learning commands.
• Get your dog moving. Exercise is good for more than keeping your dog fit. Dogs who stay moving outdoors tend to sleep well and seem less anxious.
• Visit your local dog park often. Be willing to take your dog to your local dog park and let them enjoy themselves if they get along with other dogs.
Remember, your dog is part of your family. It is important to help boost your dog’s mood every day. Feel free to use some of these ideas to help keep the happiness flowing within your household. A happy dog makes for a happy family.