An important part of becoming a supportive partner is providing the emotional support that they really need throughout the relationship. Start using these strategies in your relationship today and you will be well on your way to becoming a supportive and loving partner.
1. Listen with intensity. When you listen, it shows youíre interested in whatís on your partnerís mind. What do they yearn for? What do they love to do? If you listen, youíll know.
2. Think of your partner first. When you consider your partnerís wants and needs, your partner will feel the love. Youíll never go wrong putting the needs and wants of someone you love before your own needs. After all, thatís the very definition of love.
3. Laugh together each day. Thereís something comforting and fun about laughing easily and often. Laughing with others provides a deep emotional connection with them that breaks down barriers. Live, love, laugh and enjoy life!
4. Offer help frequently. Loving partners assist each other frequently. So, always be on the lookout for things you can do to help them. P.S. Donít be afraid to be creative with this activity.
5. Admit your faults and failures. Although this may be difficult, admitting your faults and failures shows your partner that youíre able to recognize your mistakes. Remember, failure is not permanent. However, failing to learn from that moment of failure is.
6. Apologize. Itís okay to apologize to your partner. When you apologize, you let your partner know that you notice your error and realize that you hurt your partner. Afterwards, you can continue the relationship with a clean slate and feel no guilt.
7. Practice Honesty. It is very important to be honest with your partner. If youíre careful with your tone of voice and gently express your honest thoughts and feelings, your relationship will thrive. We all need someone whom we can rely to tell us the truth, when it hurts and when it soothes.
Becoming a supportive and loving partner will take a lot of hard work and dedication. No matter what, be supportive of your partner by putting these strategies into action throughout your relationship. Believe it or not, your relationship will be enriched and blessed beyond belief! Good luck!